Established over 20 years ago, Cool Creations Homemade Ice Cream is uniquely located inside the historical Pilgrim Hall building that once served as a Baptist church.
The Baptist Church of Lockport was organized March 7,1844 by Rev. Solomon Knapp. At a meeting held April 28, 1874 a motion was made to put and finish a basement and otherwise repair the Pilgrim Hall building. Years later, a meeting was held on October 27, 1915, and a resolution was passed instructing the trustees of the church to dispose of the church property. The property was then deeded to the Baptist State Convention with the condition that they sell it to the Lockport Social Center, when such Social Center is incorporated for the sum of $2000.
In the 1970's, Pilgrim Hall was the "Plush Horse" ice cream parlor owned by Don Meints and a partner. Mr. Meints had been a choir instructor at Lockport High School in the 60's and still lives in town. Then in the 1990's the building became Cool Creations and has been serving the community with quality ice cream and treats ever since.
With a 1950's motif and friendly staff, Cool Creations provides the community with a place for the entire family to come make memories. Stop by soon to try something truly delicious!